Friday, October 12, 2012

Austin, Part 1

I rode from Lumberton to Houston and met up for deep dish pizza and local beer at Star Pizza with Mitochondria420 from the Motorcycle Subreddit. He refused to let me pay for anything, what a classy guy!
After that I stopped by Nasa but didn't have time for a tour, just time to gawk from the parking lot. I did, however, make time for the brewery tour at Saint Arnold. Mmmm, so delicious. I chatted with Shaggy Dew, somewhat of a local legend in Austin. He has hitchhiked 100k+ miles all over the U.S. and now does bicycle trips all over the country. He only brings a small bag of food and a sleeping bag on his trips. I got his business card and apparently he makes, "Bad Ass Chain Maile and Damn Fine Jewelry".
After waiting a while before riding again I headed toward Austin and had the first bad food on my whole trip. I thought all Texans were supposed to be good at killing and grilling things but I was wrong (: I made it to Austin and my Aunt Colleen, Uncle Henry, and cousin Greg's house. I was sooo happy to get a shower after several days of being smelly (in New Orleans, there was a power outage at the water treatment plant, so all water had to be boiled before use). Also I love their dog Brody!
Full resolution photos

No comments:

Post a Comment