Monday, August 27, 2012

Jerome

Started out early after camping at Lake Como. Rode through all kinds of geography on the way down highway 93 from canyon roads, to wide open fields. I hit some construction and chatted with some local tow truck drivers while waiting for the go-ahead to move on. One asked my last name, and when I said "Garrett" immediately said, "Oh, your great granddad shot Davey Crocket at the Alamo." Then the other driver proceeded to tell me all about my "outlaw blood." I had heard these stories from my grandpa, but only half believed them. It's super random to hear the same stories from a couple truck drivers.
93 follows the Snake River for a long while, so I got to ride by the water and stay cool. Also saw Craters of the Moon, featuring volcanic rocks and basalt flood plains, saw some deer on the side of the road, and rode with 3 other bikers from there to Jerome, ID.
Odometer: 950 miles
Full resolution photos



No comments:

Post a Comment