Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prepping It Up

I took the ferry over to Kingston to visit Rich's Custom Seats today to get a custom seat made for my bike. Rich measured me while I was sitting on my bike in a few different positions and then put together a custom seat made of more giving foam than the stock seat plus a gel insert. Also it's perfectly sculpted to fit my butt (: I can already tell it's going to make a huge difference on my trip. Rich went fishing yesterday and caught some salmon, which he grilled and served for lunch at no cost with hot dogs, salad, watermelon, and roasted, stuffed peppers. Yum!

Other prep work on the bike included installing a throttle lock and cramp buster so my hands don't get too tired on long stretches of road. The cramp buster makes it so I don't have to grip the throttle all the time, I can use the weight of my wrist to control the throttle. The throttle lock lets me ride one handed, with my left hand, which isn't possible on a stock bike.
Full resolution photos

Seattle from the ferry

My bike at Rich's

Rich measuring and marking

The new seat

The old seat

No comments:

Post a Comment