Monday, August 27, 2012

On the Farm

In Jerome, I'm staying with my friend Ethan's mom and stepdad, and they've convinced me to stay 3 nights instead of 1. Diane toured me around the farm today showing off their fields, the canal, and answering all my questions about crop rotation, grazing cattle on harvest leftovers, etc. It's really cool to see all the work that goes into maintaining the farm and keeping track of when everything has to get harvested, planted, watered etc. Also I asked a lot of questions about breeding/selling cattle and how surface water shares work, etc.
Jim did a motorcycle trip similar to mine when he was younger, but had to cut it short when he got drafted by the Detroit Lions. He is excited to advise me on a good route through Idaho for a day trip that I'll make soon. Besides learning about farm life and motorcycle day trips, there are 5 awesome dogs to play with (maybe more...it's a big place)!
Full resolution photos






1 comment: