Saturday, August 25, 2012

Starting Out

With one day until I left, I rushed all over Seattle like a mad man, getting together everything I needed for my trip and meeting up with everyone who wanted to say bye before I left. I ended up going to 5 gatherings and buying out most of REI. I made a couple more mods to the bike, wiring a usb charger to the battery and remounting the license plate so it isn't obstructed by the saddle bags.
This morning was a slow start, due mostly to the awesome time of the previous night hanging out on a houseboat in South Lake Union. Any night that ends in an inebriated taco truck run will have that effect. I rode all day, taking the scenic route across Washington via highway 2 and stopping by Lake Chelan on my way to Couer d'Alene. All the REI stuff came in handy for the first night of camping. My rain fly isn't on quite right...but I don't think it will rain. That's what I get for figuring out how to set up my tent in the dark.
Odometer: 377 miles


Full resolution photos

No comments:

Post a Comment