Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicago, Part 2

I rode the L with my cousin, Leah, and her boyfriend, Nathan, to grab breakfast at Do-Rite Donuts. I asked a bunch of dumb questions about the stuff we passed on the way like "Which river are we crossing? Oh...the Chicago River."
After breakfast I met up with Garrett, who interned with me at Google a couple summers ago, and some people from ChicagoMotorcycles and we rode some twisties and country roads near Starved Rock.
Leah had cooked a Rosh Hashanah dinner when I got back so we ate brisket, fried cauliflower, and challah bread. After that we hit up Oberweis, a local dairy, for some ice cream.
Next I grabbed drinks with my friend Sam who I played sports with in elementary/middle school and went to high school with. We drank some local brew, and the bartender insisted I do a shot of Malort, a Chicago liquor that was originally intended to be a medicine. It's not really popular anywhere else. Odometer: 5411 miles
Full resolution photos


No comments:

Post a Comment