Sunday, September 30, 2012

New York, Part 1

I got started a bit later than I meant to leaving Boston but still got to New York before rush hour. I got caught in a downpour, but the rain pants Emily and Larry gave me worked like a charm. Also to make my outfit more ridiculous, I've switched from small newspaper bags in my boots to heavy duty garbage bags.
I went to dinner with my friend Rowen for her birthday and also ran into Richard which was a surprise. I had stayed at his place for a night in Madison but he was out of town so I didn't see him then. After dinner we went to the Rockwood Music Hall and heard an awesome free concert.
To round the day out, I met up with my friend Robin from grade school and high school and we had a beer and shot the shit. It was great to remember times and people from our past.
Odometer: 8042 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment