Friday, September 28, 2012

Williamstown/Lancaster/Boston Part 1

I'm being lazy and rolling several days of blog into one post.
I was a bit delayed leaving the shop so I got to Williamstown late. I grabbed dinner with my cousin Rebecca and we tried to watch The Hunger Games but were too tired. I headed to Lancaster in the morning instead of trying to go after dinner.
The road to Lancaster was beautiful going through mountains and forests with the leaves changing colors. Unfortunately it was raining the whole way and water was getting in the bottom of my jacket and soaking down into my pants. I was quickly sitting in a small puddle...not too much fun. Also my boots aren't as waterproof as they used to be so my socks were soaked through.
My aunt Emily and uncle Larry saved me in Lancaster. I used their dryer while we ate lunch and they gave me some bags to put my feet in before putting the boots on. Kinda silly, but does the trick of keeping my feet dry. They also gave me a pair of oversized waterproof pants that fit over my armored pants. Conveniently, I can cinch them up higher than where my sweatshirt was getting wet so they kept me dry on my way to Boston. When I'm wearing them I look like a sexy Steve Urkel.
I'm staying with my friend Kellen in Boston. Traffic was horrendous getting here so I was late and missed my dinner plans. Kellen and I grabbed some late food and beer and were ready to pass out soon after.
Full resolution photos


1 comment:

  1. Nick, Jaime here; nice meeting you @ the brewery yesterday, hope you had a good time. If I know someone in the brewing community in a town you will be passing thru (or near) I'll point you their way since you seem to be mildly interested. Have a lot of good connections in the mid Atlantic & southeast, especially Philly, the Carolinas and Georgia. You can reach me at j.schier01@gmail if you need anything while you're in New England.

    Ride safe & have fun.

    Cheers,
    j.

    ReplyDelete