Saturday, September 15, 2012

Davenport

It took me 8 and a half hours to get to Davenport from St. Louis, which should have been a 4 hour trip, because I got a flat tire. The tiniest rock was wedged, sharp end in, into my rear tire right next to the tread. I was lucky I pulled over when I did. I couldn't tell on the highway that my bike was riding differently, but my rim was sagging almost all the way to the ground. Luckily, where I pulled over there was an auto shop that plugged it for me and sent me on my way to Quincy (60 miles out of the way) to get a new tire installed. It was the longest 60 miles I've ever ridden wondering if my tire would make it all the way, and if I'd get to the shop in time to get a new one before they closed. I didn't make it in time, but they stayed open late on a Friday to get the job done. So awesome!
When I finally made it to Davenport, I walked around the city a bit with Paige, then we went to Great River Brewery and Front Street Brewery.
Odometer: 5007 miles
Full resolution photos



No comments:

Post a Comment