Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lingle

Hit the badlands this morning and was amazed at the landscape. All of the roads that went through the badlands were gravel though, and where cars had been they were basically rumble strips. I didn't want to deal with that for 25 miles; the vibration can make your extremities go numb after a few miles as I discovered on Yellowstone dirt roads.
I hit up I90 to get back to Rapid City and hit some of the worst crosswinds I've ever ridden in. I was riding straight with the bike leaned pretty hard, and on occasion turning with the bike leaned away from the turn. It's a weird feeling. The faster you go, the more the wind affects you so I had to go -gasp- under the speed limit for about 30 miles.
Back in Rapid City I went to the Firehouse Brewery for lunch and got a sampler of all the beers they had on tap. I wanted to try their Honey Badger Ale, but they didn't have it on tap today. ): I compromised by getting a picture of a waitress wearing a shirt with the ale's logo.
I ended up in Lingle, WY for the night (population 510). When I was staying with Jim and Diane, Diane offered me her stepdaughter Jenna's apartment for the night. Jenna was cool with it so I'm crashing with her. I'm currently sitting in Bitch's Corner Bar where she tends bar a couple nights a week.
Odometer: 2996 miles
Full resolution photos





No comments:

Post a Comment