Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yellowstone, Part 2

I hit Yellowstone early on my second day, but didn't see any animals that I hadn't already seen the previous day. I did see herds of bison on my way out of the park as opposed to the lone bison I had seen. I spent about an hour and a half chasing a moose around the park based on word from other sightseers, including going down a 6 mile, totally rutted out dirt road, but didn't end up spotting him. While I didn't end up seeing new wildlife, I saw lots of geothermal activity that I hadn't before including Old Faithful. Some of the colors were really vivid (pictured).
The 3 groups I camped near were all from Seattle, as were the people I sat next to at Old Faithful. At dinner the previous day I sat with some people from Everett. I wonder how far into my trip and how remote of a place I'll have to be before I won't be around anybody from home.
Video of a bison doing it's thing
Full resolution photos











No comments:

Post a Comment